View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #110
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After watching the games today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Say what you want to say about high-powered offenses in today's league... but what I saw today was defenses bringing their team to the Superbowl.

Both the 49ers and Ravens totally shut down these high-powered offenses in the 2nd half, not allowing either team to score a single point... allowing the offenses to make a comeback.

Maybe the bigger issue isn't Schaub not being elite, but why can't our defense stop elite QBs?!?
The black bolded is your answer Ladies and Gents (Repped, by the way...)

Remember the last time Brady made it to the Super Bowl and Plaxico said the final score would be 23-17 Giants. And Brady all but laughed out loud at the thought that his offense could be held to just 17 points..? Well the final score was 17-14 Giants. Just one additional example of a quality defense shutting down a so-called, "elite QB" and a high powered offense (weren't the Pats the highest scoring team in league history that year?? AND undefeated??).

You guys can wish for an "Elite QB" all you want; give me another J.J.Watt and a Patrick Willis or NaVarro Bowman clone in the middle to go with a healthy Cushing. ...maybe throw in a quicker, stronger NT to rotate with Earl Mitchell too... And I'll take my chances against the "elite QBs"