View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #31
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I am afraid that if the Texans did change the Coach and GM we could go straight to the bottom again. I mean really how many guys out there are 100% locks to be good at their job. Plain and simple an Elite QB takes you a long way in this league, but If you do not have an Elite QB then the team has to be very good at every other position.
BoB is banking on his fanbase having that fear. Fact is there are plenty of teams that have rebuilt better and quicker than the Texans since Gary has been here.

The Texans run the risk of being the early 80's Pats, Warren Moons Oilers and Phillip Rivers Chargers. All good teams, but not good enough, it's like treading water. But it's all good if they become a 10-12 reuglar season team and a soft early exit playoff team as long as fans keep the turnsisles turning and the beer flowing at Reliant.

PS, this is not about firing Gary, I think he did a great coaching job this yr. Considering the obvious lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. That needs to be fixed in this yrs draft/FA.

Agree with you about the QB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote