View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Hmmmmm...that's an interesting thought. Here's the list of players from 2007 & 2008. Please tell me what players outside of Brown & Jacoby Jones, yeah the guy we ran out of town, have turned into quality NFL players contributing on another team. I don't see anything but busts, journeymen, or players who are unemployed but still hanging on to the dream w/ an occasional tryout. I think you might be giving credit where credit isn't do.

2007 NFL Draft
Round/Pick Player Position College
1/10 (from Atlanta) Amobi Okoye Defensive tackle Louisville
3/73 Jacoby Jones Wide receiver Lane
4/123 (from New Orleans) Fred Bennett Cornerback South Carolina
5/144 Brandon Harrison Safety Stanford
5/163 (from New Orleans) Brandon Frye Offensive tackle Virginia Tech
6/183 Kasey Studdard Offensive guard Texas
7/218 Zac Diles Linebacker Kansas State

2008 NFL Draft
Round/Pick Player Position College
1/26 (from Baltimore) Duane Brown Offensive tackle Virginia Tech
3/79 Antwaun Molden Cornerback Eastern Kentucky
3/89 (from Baltimore) Steve Slaton Running back West Virginia
4/118 Xavier Adibi Linebacker Virginia Tech
5/151 Frank Okam Defensive tackle Texas
6/173 (from Baltimore) Dominique Barber Safety Minnesota
7/223 Alex Brink Quarterback Washington State
A very sad list and condeming on the part of Rick and Gary.

For all of the supposed talent on this roster, there appear to be holes at WR/OT/OG/QB and LB/S/CB/NT on defense and the ST's are a mess.

Gary/Wade better do a good job of telling Rick who to pick in this yrs draft. Rick is nothing more than a figurehead. Although his staff does a pretty good job of picking up street FA's. I expect Sonny Harris to be a big contributor to next yrs team
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote