View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I think you are comparing apples in oranges in hopes that you can prove the Texans are similar to the Pats drafting performance, but that is completely false IMO. The Texans had a pick in every round except the 2nd round in both years. That cannot be said for the Pats in 2007. They didn't have a 2nd or a 3rd & had numerous picks in the 6th & 7th rounds. That's hardly equal footing to make a comparison as we all know the talent falls in the later rounds. Despite having a bunch of 6th & 7th round picks they still managed to equal the same amount active or productive players that the Texans did w/ varying round picks. That does not necessarily help your case. IMO it hurts it, but that could just be me. Let me give you a bunch of late round picks & I get the normal assortment & let's guess who will be the odds on favorite in producing quality players.

Okoye only produced 1 year, 2011, for the Bears & was let go. He was then cut by the Bucs & Bears this season. Thats a 1 hit wonder very similar to Slaton. Hardly worth noting, but if it works for you...so be it. I politely agree to disagree.

1.10 LB *Jerod Mayo *Tennessee *from NO
2.31 DB *Terrence Wheatley *Colorado **
3.15 LB *Shawn Crable *Michigan *from NO
3.31 QB *Kevin O'Connell *San Diego State **
4.30 DB *Jonathan Wilhite *Auburn **
5.18 WR *Matt Slater *UCLA *from TB
6.31 LB *Bo Ruud *Nebraska **
1.24 DB *Brandon Meriweather *Miami *from SEA
4.28 DL *Kareem Brown *Miami **
5.34 OL *Clint Oldenburg *Colorado State *compensatory pick
6.06 LB *Justin Rogers *Southern Methodist *from ARI
6.28 DB *Mike Richardson *Notre Dame **
6.34 RB *Justise Hairston *Central Connecticut *compensatory pick
6.35 OL *Corey Hilliard *Oklahoma State *compensatory pick
7.01 LB *Oscar Lua *Southern California *from OAK
7.37 OL *Mike Elgin *Iowa *compensatory pick
Let's count the picks.
Both teams had one first and one fourth - same.
We had 3 thirds; they had 1 second and 2 thirds.

Should be their advantage, correct?

We had 1 more fifth, but they had a bunch more sixth and seventh.
Basically, their 3 sixth should trump our 1 fifth.

Should be another advantage to them, correct?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote