View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #22
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This is what makes me leary about Barrett Jones.

I don't know how he could have played on a lisfranc. He's going to get a very long look in the combine examination room.

I also think the Bruce Matthews comparison is a little overblown. Yes, Jones is versatile, like Matthews. But, Bruce was one of the more athletic linemen to play the game. Jones isn't in that league as an athlete.

Just a note to fellow posters: It is unnecessary to quote an entire post. Especially one as long as Doppelganger's OP. It makes these threads much more difficult to read. Just quote what is relative to what you want to discuss.
Jones played really well in the NCG. Saban is being hyperbolic, but Jones is very good. No, not Matthews good, but very versatile. If he played at a solid to high level for a decade, I'd take that with the #27 pick.

I would be stunned if he played on a Lisfranc, though. I mean he played REALLY well. I was operating under the assumption that it was a sprain not torn ligaments. Hmm. If it is true he played on a Lisfranc, that may take away some agility and force him more into a Center/Guard role as opposed to all 5 positions. That would certainly make me rethink my choice.

Hmm...

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote