View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #19
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Fine work as usual although I find your timing a little unusual which probably says more in response to the Texans needs above all else.

I'm going to disagree with your #1 selection, not because he's not in discussion for BPA (I don't disagree with that) but feel strongly that Texans got a similar talent in the 4th rd. last year in Ben Jones.

Your not alone that feel Woods falls out of the first rd. but all the way til end of 2nd? He's too polished, very low risk & will impress @ combine/pro day. Great pick but would project late 1st early 2nd.

I like both Rutgers & Conneticut defensive players. This could be a very solid pick late 3rd.

Johnson is another solid pick. Could fit right in a depleted (via fa) revamped secondary with better ball skills.

Scott not so much a fan of but not a terrible pick. Would give him a shot to earn roster spot but that isn't saying much or what Joe FAN wants to hear which is why Texans need to address the future now & use Schaub to mentor the kid.

Rest of your picks I have as we'll so steller job of course. All would have a chance to make the roster & add much needed depth. A punter is a nessecary evil @ this point as well kick returner. Special teams must improve drastically.

BL
Thanks! I have been working on it since the Texans lost to the Patriots. I wanted to put it out before the Senior Bowl, just in case...

Ben Jones is a good player and I think he will be a quality OG/C for the team. However, he cannot play OT and still needs some work. Jones, is a better prospect. A legit starter at 5 positions and has the potential to be very good if given the time to really sit in one spot.

Hard to project with Woods. After the big two of Allen and Williams there is a group of WRs who I like: Hopkins, Hunter, Patterson, Rogers, Hamilton, and Woods. I think one of the 6 should be there. If none are there, that would mean 8 receivers are taken before our second pick. Seems tough to project all 8 gone. I just picked Woods, but I would take any of those 6.

Scott to me has a ton of upside that simply does not exist on this team. For however long Kubiack sticks around, one thing seems to be clear, the days of the immovable statue QB are pretty much done. QBs that win in this league have to be able to move. Either be a Brady and be able to elude the pass rush or be an RGIII and be able to make plays with your feet as well. QBs like Schaub who are pretty much pocket passers with little mobility really don't cut it anymore. Unfortunately, Yates has a very similar skill set. He is more mobile than Schaub, but that is not saying much. He is not going to make many plays on the ground. Scott to me is the kind of QB to develop. He can make plays on the ground and has a good strong arm. Developmentally I see him at worst being as good as Yates, but at best he could become a solid NFL QB/supersub. Scott brings a dimension this team simply does not have and I think he is too good to pass up in this scenario.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote