View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #113
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

i understand lingering frustration, but the outcry has become ridiculous. we went 12-4 ... stop and think on that. 12-4. say it out loud. twelve wins. getting to the postseason is the goal, after that it becomes quite the crap shoot. ask arguably the greatest quarterback ever - peyton manning. if that's not enough, ask the greatest QB/HC pair ever (brady and belichick) who have gone 3-5 in their past 8 postseason games. ask the 1 and 2 defenses every year for the past 15 years - the steelers and ravens. 3 superbowls is fantastic, but combined they've been bumped from the playoffs 20 something times, with several years failing to even get in.

get over the "worst team ever" schit. i'm tired of it. i'm sick of the booing, the entitlement, the venom directed at schaub and kubiak, and the overall hate leveled at a team that went as far as their talent allowed.

mcnair's patience is WHY we won 12 games this year. it's why we still have kubiak and smith. it's why we were the talk of pundits all season as "this is the most complete team in football". it's why we're still a young and building and successful team instead of a reboot every other year. mcnair's patience is WHY you're so pissed off ... he stuck with a plan that would work. 12 wins and a tough loss is so heartbreaking that you have something to be passionate about. there are plenty of teams who can give you safe lethargy, would you be happier as a fan of the rams or cowboys or redskins who make giant splashes without having any substance or chance at real glory?

Last edited by Scooter; 01-22-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote