View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who will be the WTF pick this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
It's not position based, but rather who they draft. The draftniks will all put out their top 5 and top 10 lists, and while they'll vary from one to another, there will emerge a general consensus on the top few guys at that position. Then the Texans will take a guy that no one ranked that highly. Both Kareem Jackson and Devier Posey were both taken in years that the team needed that position, but they passed over some much higher rated players to take them. And right or wrong, everyone questioned the move. I'm just wondering who that's going to be this year.
And i actually like this. Even if wrong it at least reflects that the texans are doing their own research and rankings versus just following the herd or being the team that leaks it stuff to some of the draft niks.

to answer the general question, unable to answer this until April 15 or so because ther are dudes in the first round now that will "fall" into the 3rd or 4th and dudes that 3rd rounders who wind up in the mid first. At least by then the concensus will have developed.