View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #23
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Little Breakdown on Rick Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I am afraid that if the Texans did change the Coach and GM we could go straight to the bottom again. I mean really how many guys out there are 100% locks to be good at their job. Plain and simple an Elite QB takes you a long way in this league, but If you do not have an Elite QB then the team has to be very good at every other position.
I think that is myth. With the recent success of the 49ers, Colts, Redskins, & even the Seahawks, teams can be successful quickly. These were teams thought to be in complete rebuilding mode & are playoff teams a year or 2 later. The Texans seem to have a lot of the pieces in place, but can't get over the hump. A new GM or HC would be a fool to change out all of the players here. I believe it would simply be a philosophy change in the FO & how it is coached, not a complete overhaul by any means.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote