View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #12
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2009 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Fair enough. Don't quite agree, but I can see some of the logic. I look at the fact that Nolan only lasted 3 yrs, considering he was cut by the Texans in the preseason & is unemployed as we speak. Nolan never pushed to be a starter, but did have some good moments. Caldwell hasn't panned out for a 3rd rounder as far as a starter, but was a decent backup & is still employed is how I kinda look at it.
Being around for three years, to me, is a solid 7th round pick. No complaints with that. A 3rd round OG is expected to start, or at least be an acceptable backup. Caldwell wasn't good this year, and he gives me no reason to not label that pick as a "bust" right now. It's simply the difference in the expectation of a 3rd rounder to a 7th, to me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote