View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 4.0

This is what makes me leary about Barrett Jones.

Quote:
01/08/2013 - Alabama center Barrett Jones played the BCS championship game with torn ligaments in his left foot and needs surgery. The two-time All-American and the leader of the Crimson Tide's dominant offensive line was injured in the Southeastern Conference championship against Georgia. He didn't practice again until the day before Alabama left Tuscaloosa to come to south Florida. When the team arrived, he came off the plane wearing a protective boot on his injured foot. Jones told reporters after the game his injury was similar to the one that put Houston Texas quarterback Matt Schaub out of several games last season.
I don't know how he could have played on a lisfranc. He's going to get a very long look in the combine examination room.

I also think the Bruce Matthews comparison is a little overblown. Yes, Jones is versatile, like Matthews. But, Bruce was one of the more athletic linemen to play the game. Jones isn't in that league as an athlete.

Just a note to fellow posters: It is unnecessary to quote an entire post. Especially one as long as Doppelganger's OP. It makes these threads much more difficult to read. Just quote what is relative to what you want to discuss.