Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #45
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Can't go with genius and Rick in same sentance unless there is a "not" in there also. (1) Kept Mario when there was no way we would ever resign him under any circumstance. We lost value there. We might have been able to keep some of the players we had to let go plus/or had multiple draft choices (2) Resigned MS to long extension this year.

Building a team that lasts is all about buying low and selling high. We do buy low for the most part ( I still question the purchase price of MS) but I don't think we have ever sold high or sold at any price for that matter. I take that back I think we got something for someone last year, but we did not sell high.
Just my opinion.
Were getting a 3rd for Mario through comp picks, maybe no one would give us anything better....knowing we wouldn't keep him anyway.....sometimes its not what it seems.