View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yes and no.

Scott, Lloyd, and Gregory may not be high paying FAs, and neither was Alib.

Without Brady's restructuring, they can't afford most of those acquisitions.
I see what you are saying now about the restructuring.

I'm not sure what their cap is directly, but it's been years since they've gone out and gotten some really good free agents. Alib they got on the cheap, but that was a great move with very little risk. I'll give it to the Patriots that all of their moves have very little risk involved. They do great there, but they're always trying to get guys who they hope can get them great results for cheap money. That will happen every now and then, but not the majority of the time. Chad Johnson and Bandon Lloyd were really bad acquisitions and it totally cost them the SB last season, because they couldn't free up the middle of the field when they didn't have a wideout that could get open or stretch the field. Happened yesterday as well. Lloyd was a merely average receiver that over achieved because he played with Brady, but he struggled all season long to get separation consistently.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote