View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #97
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I hate when people use this line to defend Mcnair. It has no play in the NFL. What Mcnair did in other businesses has nothing to do with the NFL at all.

That's like saying that I would be greatly successful owning a car wash, because I was so successful at owning a restaurant. Different businesses and totally different dynamics. What made Mcnair successful at another business or field is most likely not going to be the same thing that will make him successful as an owner of an NFL team.

Now I'm not trying to bash Mcnair either. THere are things that I do like and appreciate about the guy. I'm just saying that I do understand a lot of the criticisms one of which being that he is way to trusting to a fault and he seems to be afraid of change at all costs. It was pretty much proven that having to get a new HC when Kubiak should have been fired a few years ago was way to traumatic for him to do and that he wanted Gary at all costs. That hasn't exactly worked out to well, but at least we're having winning seasons now and playing in the playoffs. I'll take it if that is all we're going to get for now. I have a hard time thinking that we can ever win anything with Kubiak, but he is our coach either way. I have to support him and the team.
To each his own.

It's good discussing with you Tex.
Later !
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote