View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #80
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Agree about taking risk.
But you can't take too many at the same time.

They took a flyer with a no-name Jacoby.
They tried to work through his mental lapses of judgment, including sleeping at the wheels. They didn't let him go until there was a personal safety threat to him.

They gave Holliday plenty of chances, but he didn't help himself with some bone head decisions on the field.
Even though I would have liked for them to be a little more patient, I really can't blame them.
Holliday had more than half a dozen blunders this year.
The risk/reward is really touch and go there.
The Texans and the Patriots both have had Steve Smith sitting right there just waiting to get off of the Panthers for years. The team has been frustrated with him, he's been frustrated with the team, and so on. The guy has been chained to all these garbage QB's his whole career, and he would have been a great asset to us and the Patriots. There have been a few others, but Steve Smith was a really solid player that could have been had on the cheap more then once. At one point the asking price was even like a 3rd rounder or something like that. The Texans and the Pats were both silly for not going after that guy, and the results have pretty much proven that. I'm not saying that Smith would have turned either team into a SB winner, but he would have helped out a whole lot.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote