View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Senior Bowl Weigh Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
My unending argument that Long is best suited inside & natural LG was just confirmed. Despite being 6-6 his arms are too short to play tackle. However this could be key to his dominance I saw watching film playing LG for Oregon. He is country strong with large hands to punch & grab stunning defensive linemen and athletic burst to leverage from phone booth into second level. If Texans drafted him I would expect him to develop quickly replacing Wade Smith.
32.5 inch arms aren't abnormally short for a a RT. Winston's arms were 32 inches IIRC and he was an above avg RT. Although I would agree Long would be better suited to play LG.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote