View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #72
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
There are different scenarios here, Earl.

There are teams that kinda suck for awhile to save up cap space to roll over so they can go after the FAs, like the Broncos for example.

Then you have the Colts that somehow got the top pick, some said Suck for Luck.

Same thing with the Redskins playing Cheapstakes like Grossman and Beck last year and then trade away the farm for RG III this year.

There are variables in each different scenario, but hopefully I brought up a few decent examples.
I think you have to have a couple of key positions ( LT , sack artist , QB , shutdown CB , ) that you pay big for . The Texans got into trouble overpaying guys on losing teams who didn't fill the positions .

IMO ... Watt and Brown are cornerstones . Joseph maybe if he's healthy fits the bill . The rest is balancing and trying not to overpay guys who are just ... guys .