View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #70
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Stop asking rhetorical questions 76Texan. We have a ton of assets or do you think this team is terrible all around?? I said we'd probably have to lose at another position, but that's just how things go if you have to make trades. I can't name a certain player, because it would all depend on what team you're trading with and what they might need. Then I could think of a player that we could afford to lose potentially to upgrade the WR position.

I wasn't thinking about players as much though. I was thinking more along the lines of draft picks. Draft picks are the most overrated things on a football team, because you never know which ones will not be any good half the time. At least with certain free agents, you know what you're getting and when you are in a window of winning a SB, sometimes you have to go out and get those proven players that will buy into what you already have that will make your team better right away. I don't like the idea of trying to upgrade the WR position in the draft right now, because it usually takes young WR's a few years to become really good in the NFL. We don't have that time right now. We need solid play makers right now that are ready to contribute.
I think rhetoric questions serve at least one purpose.

When you try to build a team, it doesn't make much sense to trade assets.
You don't gain anything because you don't have an abundance anywhere to make the trade works in a way to improve your team.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote