View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #62
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, you're probably right and that's part of the problem I absolutely hate with Kubiak. I'm so sick and tired of his "old system" that he refuses to adjust somewhat. It's the single reason why I've hated this guy for all these years is because everything is always one way with him. He cannot and will not adjust his philosophies with a " constantly changing" NFL and a team that will always need to be tweaked some. We need some play makers at WR. We have for years, and now it's a much bigger problem. Kubiak can get a lot of WR's and try to put the blocking mentality into them. A great coach does that. Hell, Todd Haley has done that with a lot of WR's. But Kubiak needs to get out of his one way system of everything, or the NFL is going to pass him by really really fast. It probably already has, but he is the coach here, so we have what we have. But we need play makers at WR to help out and we have for years. It's way to much of a need now. We might have to roll with Yates at some point next season and with as average as he is going to be, he'll need as many play makers as he can get.
Al Davis said that you never turn down the chance to get someone who can put the ball in the endzone .

If you look at recent drafts , say 2005 and on , you'll see the only Playoff team that's sustained is New England . Why ... Brady and the hoody I guess .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft