View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #61
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The Texans didn't have the cap space to go after FA, Tex.

As far as the draft went, several of us recommended Stephen Hill.
He was drafted at #43 by the Jets I believe.

He became the starter right off the bat and caught 2 TDs in his first game.
He was hindered by injuries soon afterward however, and was finally put on IR late on the year.

We also considered T.Y. Hilton, but Posey fits better into the mold of a #2 receiver that might eventually replace Walter.
So your answer is to do nothing from what I can read here.

They could have traded other assets to free up room on the cap or traded for actual WR's. Maybe they get worse somewhere else, but sometimes that is what you have to do in order to acquire players. That is the job of a GM, and that is where Rick Smith is an amateur as I have stated for years. The guy simply doesn't know how to engineer strong plays with his assets. When was the last time Smith ever ripped a team off in a trade??? Him and Kubiak are ti stubborn and only want to build through the draft. They do pretty well with their 1st round picks. I'll give them that, but after that they both leave a lot to be desired, and building only through the draft is a terrible approach to me. You should always be trying to acquire assets in any way you can.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote