View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #57
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
True. Out of the trio of Jean, Posey, and Martin Posey might be the only one to have that ability. If Matt's going to remain the starter they really need to upgrade his outside weapons as opposed to adding another middle of the road WR.

Kinda figures he's had a mixed season. Physically he's got the athleticism and height you look for in a RT, maybe he needs more time with Benton and co and get coached up is what they are thinking. I guess I just don't have the same confidence he's the long term answer at RT.

With or without a healthy Posey next year I'm still on the bandwagon that the WR needs to be a high priority in the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is hilarious that people are even still talking about this pathetic trio of WR's that the Texans threw out there this season.

I complained my ass off last season at how we didn't and wouldn't go after any free agent WR's. All I heard was how great Martin, Jean, and maybe Posey would be because of some reports in camp and then some plays in pre season. Never understood why people banked on that after seeing the let down from Jacoby and Erik Moulds. It's like people like to have their hopes up just to be let down. None of these guys have proven anything on the NFL level.

The Texans still have a nice window now. They might still have some talent in Steve Smith from the Panthers where they can get him for a steal. The guy has been the perfect trade bait for years now, but he just might be to old now. Greg Jennings would be a good person to go after as well if they can find the cap room, but I doubt it. Drafting a WR won't do the job to me, because they'll need a year or two to get better. The Texans need a really solid vet that has the capability to put up 1000 yards and around 8 TD's. None of these guys on the roster are even close.

For people that think that Rick Smith is a good GM, this shouldn't be hard for him as he has had years to do it. Unfortunately Rick Smith is anti free agency. And before people try to bring up the off season from two years ago, that was one off season and I'll give him props in that off season for getting Manning and Joseph, but that was one off season out of 6 or 7 now. Rick Smith needs to learn how to go out and sign quality free agents or make some trades to bring in some big time players to fill holes.
I'm beginning to the that the Texans want WRs who can block first . The Broncos of the glory years of Shanny had Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery as the wideouts and Shannon Sharpe as TE . Sound or look familiar ? Sharpe was a late round pick , Smith FA , McCaffery was a 4th for the Giants ( I think ) , and T Davis was a 6th ( I think ) .

I think the theory on offense is scheme and execution with a QB who understands what your doing . The Broncos had Elway and then Jake Plummer . Both mobile QBs .