View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #53
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assuming Schaub starts, how much do we need to upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
More than track speed, the Texans need someone with run after catch ability. Defenses are blitzing Schaub on 3rd down, and he has to get the ball out quickly. He cannot buy time in the pocket or rollout.

The Texans should concentrate on letting a receiver that is strong and quick enough to get separation in press coverage, then break a tackle and create havoc in the secondary. A Pierre Garcon type of WR. Cordarrelle Patterson might be the best example in this draft class. Not a polished downfield WR, but someone who can make a play with the ball in his hands.
True. Out of the trio of Jean, Posey, and Martin Posey might be the only one to have that ability. If Matt's going to remain the starter they really need to upgrade his outside weapons as opposed to adding another middle of the road WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I dunno, I'm hearing mixed reviews on Newt's potential as our RT for the long-term ? Some are saying he's the answer.

Gotta give GM Smith credit, he saw something there and Posey started to flash and really make some plays towards the end of the season. But if I'm not mistaken, C&D indicated Posey may have been damaged merchandise from the get-go ? It sounds very discouraging for the Ohio State WR after that
really nasty injury in the playoff game in NE ?
Kinda figures he's had a mixed season. Physically he's got the athleticism and height you look for in a RT, maybe he needs more time with Benton and co and get coached up is what they are thinking. I guess I just don't have the same confidence he's the long term answer at RT.

With or without a healthy Posey next year I'm still on the bandwagon that the WR needs to be a high priority in the draft.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote