View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #43
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
This has been and always will be the problem with the zbs, in no world will smaller olinmen be able to handle massive nt's, hasn't worked since the 90s. The system is to get guys moving side to side along the line and then bursting through an opening, but when you try to run it up the gut, in short yardage situations or near the goal line (within the 5) we struggle, we get no push. Unless we keep getting 330 pound linemen who are nimble on their feet, we will continue to struggle vs mammoth nose tackles.
I was actually referring to him being manhandled while pass protecting, but yes, i agree, there are issues w/ running up the middle for short yardage as well. Jones was simply getting pushed or tossed out of the way too often & providing slim to no protection for Schaub. He has to be able to dig in & hold his ground to some degree.

Hardly the lone reason for Schaub's poor play, but it still needs to be addressed because it seems we may have a qb that needs everything outside of his control to be executed perfectly for him to be effective.

Off the subject- what other site where you referring to that you frequent, if you dont mind me asking?
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote