Thread: Panama Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61655 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Panama Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I think both of you are wrong!

Panama, if you think the Texans can get by with what they have at ILB and NT your nuts! It didn't work out too well for them this year. With Cushing, Dobbins, and Sharpton being on IR and Bradie James turning 32 they need to upgrade this position badly. The loss of Cushing probably hurt this team more than anything and if he goes down again next season the same thing will happen again (See article about Cushing http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...8-7161f4fc447c). The same is true for NT. With Cody a FA and having back problems Mitchell and Terrell McClain are the only other NT's on the roster. McClain is a 2nd year player they picked up on waivers mid season. If Cody leaves, or is a cap casualty, which is highly probable, they will need another NT from the draft to groom or start in his place.

Mussop, I have to disagree with you that we don't need another WR and have enough weapons on offense, and it's for basically the same reason we need help at ILB and NT on defense. Depth! If you look at the WR situation AJ will be 32 next season and there is no other real threat now that Posey went down with an achilles injury. The only WR's left are Jean, who disappointed and may not get another chance, Walter, who will also be 32 and may be another cap casualty, Martin, who will probably be mainly used as a KR/PR and part time slot WR. Way too may ??? there IMO. Don't be surprised in the 1st round, if Allen or Williams are still there, that the Texans take one of them. I'd also like to see them get a big (6'6"+) fast TE in the early rounds. You can never have enough weapons!
Oh I don't have a problem replacing Walter. Like I said it should of been done a year or two ago. I just think its lower on the list than getting the middle of the defense squared away. IMO the defense is two players away from being elite. Three if you want to count Cushing. If we could get an above average NT the could either command double teams or consistently get penetration, it would really open things up for not only Watt and Smith but also our OLB's.

Yes you can never have too many weapons but with a QB like Schaub how much difference would it really make? How often does a rookie WR come in and make a real impact? Also do you guys think that by adding offensive weapons Schaub will be good enough to win a shoot out against the top QB's?

IMO The best way to build this team to compete with the likes of NE and Denver is to have a top notch pass rush.