View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #71
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: After watching the games today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I haven't read through all the psts so I don't know if someone has pointed this out.
The Ravens beat the patriots by making game plan adjustments at halftime that essentially put the offense in Flacco's hands. They came out and ran hurry-up offenses, and they found the Patriot's weakness in the middle of the field. Also they abandoned the run-first philosophy for a pass oriented philosophy that allowed the run to become effective. All this caught the patriot's off guard and prevented them from making defensive substitutions when they needed. I think the Jim harbaugh showed the world who the real offensive guru is.
On offense, the run game did enough to help taking the pressure off Flacco.
Rice made something out of nothing on a few occasions.
Leach was huge in all facets, from blocking for the run, to running the ball himself, to catching the ball, and blocking for the passing game.

When Alib went out, Harbaugh could have gone deep earlier, but he waited until after the half. Without Alib (who had made a couple of plays early in the game), the Pats pass defense reverted to its old way.
They are not very good.

They don't have the personal to cover Boldin, T Smith and the TEs alltogether.

The Oline gave Flacco plenty of times on those important stretches.
The receivers got open; and even when they weren't that open, they made plays.

Even the TE didn't drop a pass in the end zone like ours.

You add everything together and it's obvious why it was a win.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote