Thread: Panama Mock
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #16
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Panama Mock

Well, I do have them drafting an inside linebacker, so I never said they could get by with what they have. I don't think Minter or Reddick are that much better than Taylor. I do think the types of tight ends we can get in the third round, and the qb we can get in the 4th round are much, much better than what we can get later. So, that is why I waited until the 5th to take Taylor at ILB, because I think he is a better value there than if I took a comparable guy in the 2nd round let's say.

And assuming Cushing and Dobbins are healthy, I think ILB is pretty far down the list of concerns. Not to say it is not a conern, but to me there are plenty of larger concerns on the team. Taylor is there for quality depth and to compete with Dobbins for a starting position.

I do have us taking a big, athletic tight end as well.

Nose tackle we can pick up a free agent. You can't solve all your problems in one draft. Maybe we can get Roy Miller out of TB.

IMO, we have to get an OLB, guard, tackle, tight end, qb, rb, receiver, ilb and safety for sure. If we let Wade Smith walk for salary cap reasons, the guard needs to be fairly good and possibly ready to play. Tough to find good pass rushers in the 5th round. The safety should be ready to possibly play.

The other receiver and slot corner picks are in the 7th round, and you aren't going to get much out of a nose tackle in that round probably. I still think Sunny Harris is a good backup NFL nose tackle assuming he comes back healthy and plays for the Texans.