View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #17
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 Trade results in Flacco & D Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
2008 Houston trades #18 to Baltimore who selects QB Joe Flacco. Texans convert #26 into Duane Brown, 3rd round RB Steve Slaton and in 6th Dominique Barber. I really like trade then.

Hindsight is perfect but would you do that trade again or select Flacco #18 considering the team you had in 2008? A QB going to SB in his fifth year versus your all pro LT? Slaton did have value although Barber was basically an injury. I guess what I am asking is a Super Bowl QB in his prime or Duane Brown? Keep in mind that Brown just signed a team friendly contract and Joe Flacco is in his last contract year earning $6.76m + $2.1m roster bonus and woul likely command a very huge contract.
So you're asking if you would take a borderline top 10 qb for a top 3 LT? Give me the LT as they seem to be harder to find and IMO affect more of the game, protecting said qb and opening run lanes. This is an age old debate and one that neither side will ever win. Its pointless really