Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #37
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I feel like if Bradie James is still here in September we haven't improved enough on defense.

I would resign Donnie Jones -- ProFootballFocus had him as their top rated overall punter. We can't afford to get even worse on special teams.

I don't see Wes Welker as a fit in this offense. I think anyone who signs him won't get near the production you see w/NE.
For me, with all those comp picks, I would prefer to draft a younger, cheaper punter with a big leg, some good ones this season. Ryan Allen for instance is a BEAST. the only 2 time Ray Guy award winner and had a beastly net punt average. He would be a long term solution and could cut the salary in half, its all about the money at this point IMO, not to mention p's and k's are getting better and better coming out of college, its not like before when you couldn't trust a young kicker. Times are changing.