Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #32
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Our routes are vastly different.

Patriots run a lot of short quick developing routes.

Our routes usually take longer to develop. Despite the complaints of Matt throwing short, we run a bunch of long routes. Deep crosses.

And I still believe that we just aren't built for a slot guy to be the number two receiver. Kubiak loves his fb a te's. Wes works better in an offense where they spread it out. Kubiak would have to make some significant changes to his offense to accommodate one player.

There are other players like welker. Not great outside receivers, but good slot guys. Keyshawn Martin isn't that kind of player, despite his size.

Kw would be a good slot receiver for us. Can block, would not need to be on the field all the time, and a nice big target for matt to hit in traffic.
We must be watching a different offense then if you think we don't throw a lot of short, quick developing routes. I respect your football knowledge, but I don't agree with you on this one.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote