Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #26
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
There's a reason why David Anderson hung around here so long in my opinion. Kubiak wants a guy like that but just hasn't found one he likes. While we do love 2 TE sets I don't think its far fetched at all that we'd adjust our offense to fit a guy like that. If Martin was more consistent I think we would have done that this year.
Anderson hung around, on the bench mostly, because we kept investing in our defense and other positions (while signing old washed up street free agents).

Gary invested in 2 wide outs since he has been here, Jones (3rd round) and Anderson(7th round), its time we take a play maker and quit relying on late round players to help this team. Posey showed promise, until he got hurt, and Martin was fast, but still a lot of work to be done to his route running. I would like to draft a big time player, as we prepare to move on from Aj within 3-5 seasons but in the meantime a stud wr will help us make a deep run and compete with high powered offenses. We have to be able to score points sometimes and having another big play maker in the redzone will help.

I still would like a proven vet as a 3rd option, because Posey and Martin still have a lot of room to grow and we don't have all the time to wait for them. This team is built to win now.