Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #19
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Ummm we have a lot of guys not coming back and a guy like walter who we should cut. Walter is set to make 3.5 the 2 seasons and we have no cap hit if release, wed be stupid to keep him. That could easily buy a guy like Hartline or POSSIBLY Welker, if we convince him to come here at that price and compete for a super bowl. The guy averaged 1.5 million prior to being tagged this season. Not to mention he will be 32 when the season starts. Doesn't hurt he dropped some key passes this post-season

A guy like Hartline or Amendola are similar to Lloyd (1.9), Smith (2.5) (rams), and even Stevie Johnson (2.5), good wr's but not near the top 15. Im telling you they will get say 5 years 35 million, but the salaries will be VERY small and escalate later in the contract when the teams have no intention on keeping them, instead we could propose a 3 year 12 million, mostly guaranteed plus a signing bonus and walters contract alone would mostly (if not fully) cover it.
You could be right, and I'm not a cap guru like some others on the board so I get my info from them and I've seen plenty of them say how we'll be strapped in the offseason. So thats a convo I really can't have due to ignorance on the subject, but I'd take any of those guys. Just don't want Walter as our number 2 again.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote