Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #18
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
And for the Texans thats gonna be pricey for us this year considering our cap situation. Amendola's injury history brings his price tag down to that amount. Otherwise he'd get a lot more on the market. We need a guy for about 1.5 mil a year. There's a guy I wanna bring in for camp, but I'm in the minority in that battle.
Ummm we have a lot of guys not coming back and a guy like walter who we should cut. Walter is set to make 3.5 the 2 seasons and we have no cap hit if release, wed be stupid to keep him. That could easily buy a guy like Hartline or POSSIBLY Welker, if we convince him to come here at that price and compete for a super bowl. The guy averaged 1.5 million prior to being tagged this season. Not to mention he will be 32 when the season starts. Doesn't hurt he dropped some key passes this post-season

A guy like Hartline or Amendola are similar to Lloyd (1.9), Smith (2.5) (rams), and even Stevie Johnson (2.5), good wr's but not near the top 15. Im telling you they will get say 5 years 35 million, but the salaries will be VERY small and escalate later in the contract when the teams have no intention on keeping them, instead we could propose a 3 year 12 million, mostly guaranteed plus a signing bonus and walters contract alone would mostly (if not fully) cover it.