Thread: Mock off-season
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #10
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock off-season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree..... I think Welker would be ridiculous in this offense. But I'm really hoping Martin makes the jump that most receivers make from year 1 to year 2. I like the Patterson pick. Hate the Tate trade though. Other than that I'd be satisfied with that offseason.

If we're looking for a slot guy though Swope with one of our 3rd round picks would be the guy. Cheaper option with a lot of upside because of age. I think he's a better receiver than Martin right now to be honest and it pains me to say that.
While I like the "potential" of what Tate brings, he is consistently injured and in Garys doghouse, and we CANNOT go through another season with Foster getting abused like that. Trade Tate since we won't keep him past next season anyway, get what you can for him. Forsett is good enough and Mike James will be a threat to get play time as a rookie at least a little. He is a veteran college player and has great hands and blocking ability plus he hits the hole fast and hard, no dancing.