View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
2008 Houston trades #18 to Baltimore who selects QB Joe Flacco. Texans convert #26 into Duane Brown, 3rd round RB Steve Slaton and in 6th Dominique Barber. I really like trade then.

Hindsight is perfect but would you do that trade again or select Flacco #18 considering the team you had in 2008? A QB going to SB in his fifth year versus your all pro LT? Slaton did have value although Barber was basically an injury. I guess what I am asking is a Super Bowl QB in his prime or Duane Brown? Keep in mind that Brown just signed a team friendly contract and Joe Flacco is in his last contract year earning $6.76m + $2.1m roster bonus and woul likely command a very huge contract.
This is Flacco's 5th chance at making the SB, and he finally gets in. Schaub had one shot, missed, but now people are having this Flacco love affair? I don't get it.

If Flacco can get the Ravens to the SB, then Schaub can do the same with the Texans. We just need the defense to play as well as the Raven's D in the playoffs.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote