Thread: ravens/ texans
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #65
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ravens/ texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Hopefully inside linebacker is not a major weakness if we stay healthy in 2013. We can use depth for sure so you may be right. But I'd rather have another beast in the front three, whether it be an upgrade at nose tackle or right end. Is the plan to keep riding a declining Antonio Smith? He's just not consistent enough to make plays when Watt is being blocked by two guys most of the game. I think the best way to improve our overall defense is to be able to generate a pass rush with only our defensive lineman.

That is why I was against letting Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans go. The more talent on defense the better. Right now, we're lacking depth in the front seven and can use upgrades at NT, RE and maybe even ILB for Bradie James.

The secondary would look much better with a dominating front seven.
I think Crink will improve, and will eventually replace Smith. I think we can get one more good year out of Smith. NT is an issue. I'm no draft expert, but I just don't see us taking a DE in the first. If we do take one, I hope it is for the use of an actual DE, and not an OLB.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote