Thread: ravens/ texans
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #63
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ravens/ texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
Well, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs...two of the Ravens defensive glue guys, absolute leaders, heart and soul, were on Gillette Field.

Brian Cushing (as well as two other fairly crucial linebackers like Daryl Sharpton and Tim Dobbins) was NOT for the Texans.

Cushing's loss is not to be underestimated. He is an absolute wrecking ball in the area of the field where the likes of Hernandez, Welker, et al like to run loose and flourish. Not saying Cushing was an X-factor, but Houston really could have used him against the Patriots.

The Texans had a 13-5 campaign. They have a stable and steady roster of young studs to work with...they will GET better.

The Pats lost TWICE to a team the Texans absolutely CRUSHED in 2012-2013. Bottom line.

Bwa ha ha. The Texans destroyed the current AFC Super Bowl team, 43-13. "Not being able to compete?"...bwa ha ha ha ha.

C'mon now, did you think the Baltimore Ravens were the front-runners when the playoffs started? I don't really follow this forum a whole lot, but did you? I am curious.
Ok, the Ravens game in week 7 came with Ray Lewis on the sideline, Suggs returning to action after being out up until that point, and I seem to recall Ngata also being hurt. So the Texans beat up on a team with a hurting defense. Big deal. Plus we're talking about a game in week 7 of the regular season where , as I'm sure you know "Champions are made".

I'm just curious if you're numbering Dobbins and Sharpton among your "young studs to work with"? I think it's kind of pitiful that they could even be called "crucial". One is old and embarrassing in space, the other is perpetually injured and kind of embarrassing in space too.

No, I didn't think the Ravens were front runners when the playoffs started. I thought the Patriots were after the Texans surrendered any kind of claim to that title over the last four weeks of the regular season. The Ravens did something we've never done, they turned it up when the games got more important. We don't do that in the postseason all that much (unless you count our first round punching bags the Cincinnati Bengals) and we don't do that in the regular season either. Find a genuine contender that we beat in the regular season anywhere from 2007 until today and you'll find a team with injuries, a team that had nothing to play for, or a team that was incorporating a new system or player. You will almost never find a team we stood toe to toe with and put down.