View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #35
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I would think Brooks is his repacement. I think that's why Kubiak rotated him with Ben Jones this year, to get it out of the way. Next year, Brooks will compete with Smith & Jones will start at RG.

I've got concerns about Newton, but he did have a knee thing & that could explain a lot. But the same goes for Smith, he's been battling through stuff as well. If there's reason to believe he can play like 2009, I've got no problem keeping him & starting him if the cap allows.

I agree the whole Pro Bowl voting and game has become a joke.
I see Brooks as our starting RG next season and see our starting O-line like this:

LT-Brown
LG-W. Smith
C-Myers
RG-Brooks
RT-Newton

Ben Jones is our primary backup at all interior O-line positions, I just think he's to small to be a starter at OG.
We draft an O-lineman to get sporadic playing time behind Smith in 2013 and then when Smith becomes a FA in 2014, he's replaced by the new guy.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote