View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #141
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Evidently, we have two MB members that are as naive about NFL injuries and NFL Injury Reports as they are new to TexansTalk. The NFL is the only game that requires such a report weekly........not for any benefit of the teams or their opponents but for the benefit of the boys in Vegas. The biggest running joke about the injury report isn't its accuracy but its reason for being in the first place. No other professional sport requires an injury report like the NFL and the assumption has always been that it exists solely to aid the business of gambling on NFL games, a huge (and underrated) driver of the NFL's popularity. Injury reports make it easier to feel safer about placing a bet. Those bets drive interest, and subsequently profit. The NFL puts so much importance on the Injury Report, that they fine teams a whole whopping $20,000 for not reporting injuries (that'll really break an NFL team's piggy bank) .......and the 19 times that has happened in the last 15 years were all because the players went stupidly public with significant injuries that their teams were hiding. Coaches have ALWAYS screwed around with their Injury Reports. [ Here's a pertinent 2007 USA TODAY article to that effect: Analysis: Injury report is game within the game ]

[And for a recent article that also tells it like it is: John Harbaugh sees 'no value' in NFL injury reports]

I have taken care of my share of Oilers and Texans players and their families over the years.........I could tell you stories of injuries that were kept hidden that would have your hair standing on end. When presenting my observations and opinions on Schaub and his foot, whether one may agree or disagree with them, those opinions are the furthest thing from a apologist standpoint.

Finally, you cannot see any reason that the team from the top down at this point in time would have to not admit to a post Lisfranc repaired foot specifically negatively affecting Schaub's performance? I would suggest that you give it one more good ole try for the Gipper.
$$$$, 29 milion garunteed reasons.

The Texans will never admit that Schaub is hurt because the will look like fools for extending Schaub and giving a QB who is barely functional in the Texans offense that much garunteed $$$$.

That takes egg on face to a whole new level, people inside the Texans org should be looking themselves in the mirror and asking the tough questions after a mistake like this is made. Be it, the medical staff, GM, coaches etc....
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote