View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #48
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

[quote=thunderkyss;2112983]It sucks when the team doesn't do what you want them to do. I know. (Quote That's just the way it is.

There are more teams out there that make those moves that aren't playing right now. They didn't play last week, & they didn't play the week before. I didn't see the Falcons canning their coach & GM when they failed to advance in the play offs three years running.

(Quote The Falcons are the exception to the rule. Smith would probably been fired if the miracle win against Seattle didn't happen last wk. I think I read that on PFT last wk.

We brought Eric Moulds on the team, I don't know why we wouldn't have brought Randy Moss, other than most people thought he was done. As much as I don't like Pete Carroll coaching other teams, I wouldn't mind him in Houston. I don't see why McNair wouldn't have brought him in. Other than our GM probably doesn't know him & he never would have probed for interest.

(Quote I brought Moss up a an example of taking a chance on a guy with questionable character. BTW, Moss made some plays today that helped the 49ers get to the SB. The Texans never take chances on guys like this.

Lynch..... Sounds like you're GMing this thing looking backwards. It's real easy to do it that way.

(Quote A few people wanted Lynch, most people on this MB didn't because Lynch was/is a bad human being. He is a top 5 RB though and the type of player that's a difference maker. Instead the Texans spent a 2nd rder on Tate. (Wasted draft capital. IMHO)

Another weakness of our scouting & GM

duly noted.

(Quote Yep, and this is why BoB should look at teams like Seattle/New England and try to emulate what they do.

What chances did Atlanta take?

(Quote They traded 5 draft picks including two 1st rders to trade up from the late 20's to # 5 or7.... to draft Jones and he was a star today on a team that was just a hair away from the SB. That's the definition of taking a chance. When most NFL people/fans thought they were crazy.

Chances are they won't. However, I like your thinking. No Joke, I think you should put together a portfolio & keep knocking on McNairs door until he agrees to see you.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote