View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

It sucks when the team doesn't do what you want them to do. I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
However give me an org like Chicago/SF/Sea. If things aren't working out heads roll. Look at the turnover of GMN/asst coaches, not to mention they make moves to improve their teams, player wise.
There are more teams out there that make those moves that aren't playing right now. They didn't play last week, & they didn't play the week before. I didn't see the Falcons canning their coach & GM when they failed to advance in the play offs three years running.

Quote:
Would BoB ever have a Randy Moss on his team? Would he ever hire Pete Carroll and have Marshawn Lynch on his team? etc...
We brought Eric Moulds on the team, I don't know why we wouldn't have brought Randy Moss, other than most people thought he was done. As much as I don't like Pete Carroll coaching other teams, I wouldn't mind him in Houston. I don't see why McNair wouldn't have brought him in. Other than our GM probably doesn't know him & he never would have probed for interest.

Lynch..... Sounds like you're GMing this thing looking backwards. It's real easy to do it that way.
Quote:
Pats traded in season for Talib, still playing with Talib starting? at the cost of a 4th rd draft pick.
Another weakness of our scouting & GM

duly noted.

Quote:
Point is the teams still playing take chances on guys like this. Texans? nope, but they got a good little team. This is why I would draft a guy like Matheiu with the supp 3rd rd draft pick. He is a dynamic return guy who can be McCains replacement of play FS in a single high S look. This guy is a playmaker.
What chances did Atlanta take?

Quote:
Will the Texans take a shot at a talented guy like this for example on the cheap? No way,No how, it's not the Texans way. Winning be damned.
Chances are they won't. However, I like your thinking. No Joke, I think you should put together a portfolio & keep knocking on McNairs door until he agrees to see you.