View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You'd rather have Jerrah Jones ?! What the hell have they done in the last decade ?!

I think Bob's got it right when he says he wants to emulate the Steelers orginization. They may have a down year here and there .... but they are in general an excellent orginization with high expectations each year.
Agreed about Jerrah

However give me an org like Chicago/SF/Sea. If things aren't working out heads roll. Look at the turnover of GMN/asst coaches, not to mention they make moves to improve their teams, player wise.

Would BoB ever have a Randy Moss on his team? Would he ever hire Pete Carroll and have Marshawn Lynch on his team? etc...

Remember when the Texans didn't have a RB? People/me were clamouring for the Texans to trade for Lynch. Lynch may be a disgusting human being, but he's one of the top 5 RB's in the NFL. All for the low cost of a 4th rd pick.

Pats traded in season for Talib, still playing with Talib starting? at the cost of a 4th rd draft pick.

Point is the teams still playing take chances on guys like this. Texans? nope, but they got a good little team. This is why I would draft a guy like Matheiu with the supp 3rd rd draft pick. He is a dynamic return guy who can be McCains replacement of play FS in a single high S look. This guy is a playmaker.

Will the Texans take a shot at a talented guy like this for example on the cheap? No way,No how, it's not the Texans way. Winning be damned.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote