View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #20
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair's Thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Uh... as much as people don't lilke McClain, I can see why the Texans like him even less. He didn't pull any punches & I think he asked the questions fans wanted asked. He didn't get the answers we wanted, but that's on McNair.

I do like McNair's optimism. Like him, I believe we should keep going forward. No reason to blow everything up now. San Francisco went to the NFC Championship twice in two years, with a college head coach. We haven't been to the AFC Championship game once with our veteran coach. But it's too late to fix that now. It is. It makes more sense to stay the coarse.

Good read.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of McClain by any means. He probably picked up most of the questions from his chat w/ the fans he has. He's a poor excuse of "insider" that we have to depend on. What can you do?

I hope stay the course is not what McNair chooses to do IF the Texans regress next season. As you mentioned, Harbaugh turned SF around quickly as did Shanahan in Washington. I don't think its blowing up a team w/ a coaching change or QB change if the team has talent, but is simply underachieving. A change is sometimes needed to get a team over the hump & succeed.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote