Thread: Safety
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #38
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I watched Rhodes a bit, and Amerson a bit more, not enough to give an opinion though, so I'll wait on those guys.

But the guy with a solid overall game might be Eric Reid from LSU.
What do you guys think about him?
Even though Reid had a bad Sr. yr, he's still my top rated S. He has all of the talent the great ones have. I remember the 1st LSUAla game 2 yrs ago. he was all over the field and literally saved the game by making an amazing pass breakup in the end zone that saved the game. Very few S have the ability to make that play.

I also love Rhodes, but see him as a CB in the Charles Woodson mold that can move to S later in his career. He is a former WR who moved to CB so he's a bit raw but his talent is undeniable.

My S ratings look like this before the combine.

1. Reid
2.Swearinger
3. Jefferson
4.Rambo
5.Phillp Thomas.

The reason I dont have Elam/Viccaro rated is Elam isn't all that great in coverage/will be penalty prone and I dont feel comfortable with Viccaro as my last line of defense.

My 2 sleeper picks that I would look at in the supp 3rd/4th rd who would be perfect for the Texans defense are

1. Duke Williams, he has the speed to play the slot WR or the single high S. He also is great as the last line of defense as a tackler.

2.Cooper Taylor, dude is 6'4 230lbs, he can play Quins spot in the box or has the speed to play deep. This guy is a player. Reminds me of a young David Fulcher.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote