View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013   #23
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will we and/or Should we keep Antonio Smith for the 2013 Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Taking that into account, is there really a lot of Texans fans out there voting for Wade Smith? I mean, everyone in here is surprised he made it. Is there really a lot of Texans fans voting him to the Pro Bowl? And I bet, he is barely known outside of Houston. One explanation is he's better than we all think?
No, I don't think he's better then we think he is. I think a lot of people know of Arian & how well he does & the natural assumption is if Arian is doing well then his o-lineman must be doing well. Not only that, the Texans have had a reputation for having a decent o-line the last few seasons despite the obvious decline this season. As I said earlier, I think reputation as opposed to production gets some players in & I think our o-lineman have benefited from Arians success imo.

And yes I do believe there are that many Texans "fans" who probably voted for every Texan. The fan base has grown quite a bit w/ the recent success & not all pay attention enough to know which players are the better ones on the team so its easier just to vote for them all. I don't care for that mindset, but it is what it is. Let's be honest, even those that do know the difference in the players can't remove their homer glasses & still voted for all of the Texans.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote