View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #62
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to replace Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
That doesn't mean he's not one. Foster is one of the top dual threats in the NFL. The fact that he only caught 40 passes all year just shows he was under utilized.

As far as OD goes, did you see how many really good catches he made this year? If it weren't for him Schaubs QB rating would be way down. It's not his fault that he doesn't have a QB that can hit him in stride. I don't know how many times OD got creamed after making a good catch this year but it was a lot.

Im really not arguing that walter shouldn't be replaced. Im for upgrading every position on the team if its possible. However I think replacing Walter with anyone other than a top notch FA is going to be a waste of resources and time in the short term. Short term meaning next year. I don't know how much a top FA would improve the #2 WR spots production. Remember who we have at QB?

You give any good QB that can read a defense and make good audibles and give him OD, Johnson and Foster and he will tear it up. Schaub has them and well, they are not enough. He needs more. Is more really going to make a difference?

It wont matter who is playing the #2 WR as long as Schaub is the QB and Kubiak is in charge of the offense. Kubiak is either a control freak or he doesn't trust Schaub to do anything but what he is told. Either way thats not good for us.

Man next year is going to be stressful . We are not even going to be able enjoy Winning unless its against a really good team.
Who in your opinion is a "top notch" FA? Jerome Simpson? Devery Henderson? Ramses Barden? I'm mean when it's all said done this is probably the group that you would be looking at assuming the Texans are only willing to sign someone for money similar to what Walter is/was making. IMO all of these guys offer more potential then Walter & could actually be had for a cheaper price if you consider Simpson made 2M this season & Walter is due to make in the 3-3.5M area.

I don't think the Texans need a big name playmaker, but they do need someone who will at least force the other team to account for them or they could be burned. That is not the case w/ Walter. I'm not real impressed/ the FA group of wr's, but 1 thing is for sure...most have more to offer then Walter & potentially for less money.

I do agree on the wins. I will be happy w/ a win, but I will have a hard time being convinced or satisfied by them until it's against the likes of NE, Denver, SF, & even Seattle. We need to expect more against the better teams & quit being easily satisfied & impressed w/ wins against the likes of Jacksonville & Buffalo IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote