View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to replace Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Foster had 40 receptions for a little over 200 yds , he was no dynamic weapon in the passing game, at least not this season.
That doesn't mean he's not one. Foster is one of the top dual threats in the NFL. The fact that he only caught 40 passes all year just shows he was under utilized.

As far as OD goes, did you see how many really good catches he made this year? If it weren't for him Schaubs QB rating would be way down. It's not his fault that he doesn't have a QB that can hit him in stride. I don't know how many times OD got creamed after making a good catch this year but it was a lot.

Im really not arguing that walter shouldn't be replaced. Im for upgrading every position on the team if its possible. However I think replacing Walter with anyone other than a top notch FA is going to be a waste of resources and time in the short term. Short term meaning next year. I don't know how much a top FA would improve the #2 WR spots production. Remember who we have at QB?

You give any good QB that can read a defense and make good audibles and give him OD, Johnson and Foster and he will tear it up. Schaub has them and well, they are not enough. He needs more. Is more really going to make a difference?

It wont matter who is playing the #2 WR as long as Schaub is the QB and Kubiak is in charge of the offense. Kubiak is either a control freak or he doesn't trust Schaub to do anything but what he is told. Either way thats not good for us.

Man next year is going to be stressful . We are not even going to be able enjoy Winning unless its against a really good team.