View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #91
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Maybe no one is hinting at injury because maybe one does not exist. Seems like a pretty simple concept imo. The HC hasn't said anything. No member of the coaching staff have said anything. No teammates have said anything. Heck, even the player himself hasn't said anything. That only leads most to one conclusion...there is no excruciating pain or injury to be spoken of. Schaub simply played bad. Is this just a slump or a permanent regression in his game is what remains to be seen imo. I hope its just a temporary slump because I want this team to have hope for AFC Championships & Super Bowls, but Schaub didn't end on a good note & it will remain to be seen next season if he can bounce back. Of course a bounce back was what we wanted the last few games of the season but never got.

I don't expect Andre to say anything. He never has & if he does it won't be negative because Andre is a class act who backs his teammates even if its just by simply remaining silent.
I don't think Matt would even tell Gary that his foot was bothering him.

Seriously.

He comes off as the type of player who will gut it out, which is testimony to his perseverance and toughness. He's tough, I don't doubt that at all. But I think he'd be hesitant to let anybody know that he's struggling out there due to his foot. Only he knows, though.

So yeah, until something is said...might as well focus on the thing we DO know: He hasn't played very good when facing elite teams and in crucial games against those elite teams.