View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Pick Slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans will have the following selection slots in the 1st 3 rounds:

1st Round - #27
2nd Round - #57
3rd Round - #89
3rd Round (Unofficial Mario Williams compensatory selection) - #95

4 picks in the top 100. Though the last pick can't be dealt, I would trade the 1st 3 if the right QB prospect was available. That's how important the position has become.
If you're willing to do that & considering it's generally rated a poor QB draft this year, then why not make a run at trading for a QB? I'd start with offering a 2nd for Cousins @ Washington or Ryan Mallett @ New England. Both are backups to guys that are established starters, or soon to be established starter & will not likely see the field as a starter anytime soon. There's also Matt Flynn (I'm not sold him yet) that you could probably pick up for a 5th on draft day. I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of, but my point is the draft is a crapshoot & solid backups have shown whether or not they can compete (Matt Shaub).

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote