View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans signed several players in mid January

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've always known about reserve/future contracts.
I've seen it every year on the HoustonTexans.com website, but they never note any dollar amount.
I don't pay much attention to the business side of football.

I just happen to see different things listed on rotoworld so I'm curious.

So far, I've seen contract with no year or dollar amount, one year contract and two-year contracts, and the dollar amounts are also different.

For example, I get to the Steelers page and they have two different level of money for guys with a 2-yr contract.
They also have guys with 1-yr contract, and guys with nothing specified.

Why the difference is the question I'm asking.
A couple of things...a team can give a signing bonus on these futures contracts. Also, a team can sign a future contract to some player who has conpleted 1 year or so of service time. The minimium salary for a player with service time differs than another.

Overall, i would not spend a ton of energy on this "mystery." most of these guys won't make the opening day squad, and of those who do few will be impactful players.