View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #71
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From all signs, it would surprise me if he suffered anything but a complete rupture. But, if it is a partial rupture, it is so variable as to what "partial" really means.........is it a longitudinal rupture?.....is it a transverse rupture?......does it involve the gastrocnemius muscle tendon (superficial component of the Achilles) and/or the soleus muscle tendon (deep component of the Achilles)?........does it require an interposed graft for repair?

A prognosis could be the same as for a complete or all the way down to 6 months like Suggs. What really wasn't publicized in the exceptional recovery case of Suggs is that it was a localized tear that required a very limited 3 cm transverse incision (as opposed to the classic 8 cm longitudinal incision). This is not a very realistic recovery for the typical more extensive tear that usually occurs when referred to as "partial."

Sunny Beaches, OUCH!

Not being a Debbie Downer but taking everything Doc has told us I'd be surprised to see him on the field again.

Really hope he can return though. I saw enough to give me a little more hope than Tex has or even ever had.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote